Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLU) has come up with the Ph.D. Programme Entrance 2021 Notification
Click here for the application form
- Application open – 09.11.2021
- Closing application- 06.12.2021
- Entrance date – 20.12.2021
- Declaration of Results of the Entrance Test – 31.12.2021
- Presentation of the Research Proposals (interview) – 10.1.2022
- Announcement of Results- 12.1.2022
- Registration for the Ph. D. Programme-13.01.2021 – 28.01.2021
- Commencement of the Ph.D. Programme- 31.01.2022
- Mode of exam- Online
- a Master’s degree in Law or an equivalent professional degree approved by the Bar Council of India or the UGC
- at least 55% of marks in aggregate.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, that is, from 55% to 50% to SC/ST or ‘Differently Abled’ or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree before 19th September 1991, or
- The candidate should have an M.Phil. degree (with course work) and not less than 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade (as mentioned above, wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of the grade may be allowed as mentioned in the Ph. D. Regulation. (Click here for Ph. D. Regulation)
- A Candidate may also be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme if his/her M.Phil. dissertation is evaluated, but the viva-voce examination is pending or in the University or institution that has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TNNLU, or
- The candidate should have a law degree (B.L./LL.B./LL. B. (Hons)) as well as pass the Company Secretaryship Exam conducted by ICSI and shall have the Associate Membership of the Institute, or
- The candidate should have a law degree (B.L./LL.B./LL.B. (Hons)) and pass the final examination of Chartered Accountants conducted by ICAI, or
- The candidate should be a faculty member of the TNNLU and shall fulfil the relevant conditions as to the eligibility for admission into Ph.D. Programme.
Click here on the official notification of TNNLS PhD 2021
Applicants willing to apply may submit duly filled-in applications with relevant enclosures through Google Form. Application Fee of Rs. 1500/[For SC/ST Rs. 750/- with the proof of the Certificate (issued by the Government)] on or before 06.12.2021. The application fee is non-refundable.
Availability of Seats and Seat Share
One seat may be given by rotation in the following order for this admission: (AI) ST, BCM, SC (A)& TN ST. Note: Out of 9 seats, 4 seats are reserved for the candidates with the degree awarded by the ICSI/ICAI.
|Category No. of seats|
|SC (A) 1*|
|SC (O) 1|
|MBC & DNC 1|
|BC (M) 1*|
|BC (O) 1|
Registration Process & syllabus
The applicants shall be considered for the Ph. D Programme after the screening. The screening for Ph.D. admission shall consist of two components, viz., an Entrance Test, and an Interview. The syllabus shall consist of 50% of the research methodology and the other 50% shall be subject-specific.
The question paper of the Entrance Test shall have 2 parts for 100 Marks.
Questions in Part-A shall cover the Research Methodology, Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Environmental Law, International Law and Human Rights Law. Whereas, Part-B shall test students on the subject-specific knowledge. The duration of the Test shall be one and half hours with an additional half an hour for the Persons with Disability candidates.
Part-A shall contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). In this Part, all questions shall be compulsory and carry 2 marks each. There will be no negative marking. Part-B shall have five analytical questions relating to the area of study chosen by the student. All questions carry equal marks.
A candidate securing 50% of marks (in the case of general category) and 45% (in the case of Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes) in the Entrance Test shall alone be considered as qualified & shall be declared as eligible to be called for an interview. A candidate with UGC NET (including JRF) shall be exempted from writing the Entrance Test.
In the interview, the candidates shall present their research proposal before the Research Committee. During the Candidates’ presentations on a research proposal, the Research Committee shall assess the students for 50 marks and award marks on the following parameters:
(a) Candidate’s ability in presenting and defending the research proposal (10 marks);
(b) research aptitude of the Candidates (as evidenced by research publications and papers presented in conferences in the subject area) (5 marks);
(c) the research methodology adopted (10 marks);
(d) the viability of the topic of research (5 marks);
(e) (i) whether the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research (1 mark);
(ii) whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the TNNLU (1 mark); and
(iii) whether the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge (3 marks) (d (i) to (iii) totally carry 5 marks); and
(f) The academic performance and records of the candidate as well as the interdisciplinary design of the research proposal (15 marks).
The 70% of weightage to the entrance examination and 30% to the interview or viva voce. The list of Candidates who applied for the PhD admission and the selected Candidates.
Click here for PhD Regulations 2021
Readers may submit his/her blog for publication. Click Here or Scan the QR Code