GUIDE TO THE CLAT PG PREPARATION
The Consortium of National Law Universities (the “Consortium”), in its Press Release of November 21, 2019 related to the Common Law Admission Test (the “CLAT”), 2020 [ CLAT PG Preparation 2020] stated, inter alia:
“Similarly [as the UG-CLAT 2020], the PG admission test will also have comprehension based questions. The descriptive portion will remain the same as last year.”
This note describes the proposed pattern of questions for the PG-CLAT 2020. Regarding the queries and tension regarding comprehension based question, comprehension based question implies that, there will be comprehension or paragraph based on the subjects mentioned in syllabus only.
So possible questions will revolve around as to analyse the comprehension to deduct the basic theme of comprehension and figure out important issues
The CLAT PG 2020 will feature an emphasis on the comprehension abilities of the students. It shall be of 120 minutes duration, with two sections:
The first section would include 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
The second section would require candidates to write 2 descriptive essays.
Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
The paper will be based on areas such as Constitutional Law, Administration Law, Contract Law, Torts, International Law, Intellectual Property, Jurisprudence and important judgments from the recent past.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2020, you will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate the:
1. Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well
as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
2. Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues
and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or
statute from which it is extracted;
3. Summarise the passage and Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
CLAT PG Preparation 2020
As part of your CLAT PG 2020 Preparation , you should:
1. Read and refresh your knowledge of important judgments, and try to discern various issues discussed in such judgments; start reading monthly digest for judgements and keep a daily track of daily legal developments.
2. Refresh your knowledge of important constitutional and legislative provisions, particularly those that may have been discussed in recent judgments; it would also be useful to ensure you are aware of historical case law and amendments related to such provisions, so that you have a more complete awareness of such provisions and the issues related to them;
3. Start writing and practising for subjective portion as writing is must for this portion.
Enroll Now in the Most Comprehensive & Most Affordable CLAT PG Crash Course where you will 100+ video lessons, study material, revision material, 85 mocks, subjective answer guide and mentoring from successful student.
Click here to know more: Click Here