Jobs in PSU’s have now become the flagship of CLAT LLM Exam. At present many PSU’s are recruiting through CLAT LLM marks (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil India Limited, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited PSU).
If someone scores well (top-40), he has fair chances to get a call for interview for the post of legal executive trainee in public sector undertaking. Moreover, the perks of working in PSU’s is as good or sometimes even better than working in top tier law firm and this is what makes the competition little tough as we can see number of CLAT takers are now increasing year by year.
As per the current trend, every year near about 6 PSU’s are showing their interest in recruiting people through CLAT marks. The PSUs notify vacant positions of legal advisors and selections against these vacancies are based on CLAT scores. Here is the way, how things are done for PSU’s-
- Candidates need to apply for the vacant positions in each of the PSU’ individually after which the organisations will announce their merit list based on the scores of CLAT LLM Exam. (Which PSU will recruit, will be notified soon as no PSU has disclosed their vacant positions till yet.)
- Candidates, who are in top-50, generally get the call. So, be on your toes, getting NLU is easy but getting a call letter from PSU’s is quite tough.(Not impossible)
- Each Public Sector Undertaking will have its own eligibility criteria, candidates need to go through each of the PSUs notification to know the conditions required before applying for the legal advisors’ positions. (Some PSU’s demand experience people, whereas some do not. LLB Degre is must from a recognised college/institution. We will notify soon.)
- The selection process for Executive Legal Trainees in PSUs through CLAT will be done on marks secured by the test takers.
- Based on CLAT 2019 scores, candidates will be called in for further selection rounds, which include interview and group discussion process. Moreover, candidates need to note, while some of the PSUs accept last year’s score of CLAT, others may not; hence it is advised to check the selection process of PSUs individually through the official links provided in this page.
Just give your best shot. Cover all the related and relevant topics and practice as much as you can.
-ALL THE BEST.