UGC NET Law Paper II
1. Constitutional Law of India :
- Fundamental Rights and Duties.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union State Legislative Relations.
- Emergency Provisions
- Amendment of the Constitution.
- Writ Jurisdiction
2. Legal Theory :
- Nature and Sources of Law.
- Positivism, Natural. Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence.
- Theories of Punishment.
- Rights and Duties.
- Concepts of Possession and Ownership.
3. Public International Law :
- Nature of International Law and its relationship with Municipal Law.
- Sources of International Law.
- Recognition of States and Governments.
- United Nations
- Settlement of International Disputes.
- Human Rights
4. Family Law :
- Concepts in Family Law.
- Sources of Family Law in India.
- Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage.
5. Law of Contracts : General Principles
- Essentials of a valid contract.
- Offer, acceptance and consideration.
- Capacity to Contract : Minor’s contract.
- Elements vitiating contract : Mistake, fraud, misrepresentation, public policy, coercion, undue influence, frustration of contract.
- Remedies for breach of contract : Damages.
6. Law of Torts :
- Foundation of Tortuous Liability.
- General Defences to an action of Torty.
- Vicarious Liability
- Remoteness of Damages.
- Contributory Negligence
- Absolute and Strict Liability.
7. Law of Crimes : General Principles
- Nature and Definition of Offence.
- General Exceptions
- Common Intention and Common Object.
- Criminal Attempt, Conspiracy and Abetment.
- Offences against Women.
8. Labour Law :
- Concepts : Industry, Industrial Dispute and Workman.
- Trade Unions : Rights and Immunities of Registered Trade Union; Registration and its advantages.
- Methods for Settlement of Industrial Disputes under Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Strike and Lockout as Instruments of Collective Bargaining.
- Retrenchment, Lay – off and Closures.