Maharatna ONGC is the largest producer of crude oil and natural gas in India, contributing around 70 per cent of Indian domestic production. The crude oil is the raw material used by downstream companies like IOC, BPCL, HPCL to produce petroleum products like Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Naphtha, Cooking Gas-LPG.
ONGC is India’s Top Energy Company and ranks 20th among global energy majors (Platts).
ONGC ranks 14th in ‘Oil and Gas operations’ and 220th overall in Forbes Global 2000. Acclaimed for its Corporate Governance practices, Transparency International has ranked ONGC 26th among the biggest publicly traded global giants.
It is one of the most valued public enterprise in India, and one of the highest profit-making and dividend-paying. ONGC has a unique distinction of being a company with in-house service capabilities in all areas of Exploration and Production of oil & gas and related oil-field services. Winner of the Best Employer award, a dedicated team of over 33,927 professionals toil round the clock in challenging locations.
Its wholly-owned subsidiary ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) is the biggest Indian multinational in the energy space, participating in 36 oil and gas properties in 17 countries. ONGC subsidiary Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) is a Schedule ‘A’ Miniratna, with a single-location refining capacity of 15 million tons per annum.
To be global leader in integrated energy business through sustainable growth, knowledge excellence and exemplary governance practices.
- Dedicated to excellence by leveraging competitive advantages in R&D and technology with involved people.
- Imbibe high standards of business ethics and organizational values.
- Abiding commitment to safety, health and environment to enrich quality of community life.
- Foster a culture of trust, openness and mutual concern to make working a stimulating and challenging experience for our people.
- Strive for customer delight through quality products and services.
Integrated In Energy Business
- Focus on domestic and international oil and gas exploration and production business opportunities.
- Provide value linkages in other sectors of energy business.
- Create growth opportunities and maximize shareholder value.
Dominant Indian Leadership
- Retain dominant position in Indian petroleum sector and enhance India’s energy availability.