CLAT FOR LLM is an exam for the admission in top NLUs to pursue LLM education. In CLAT LLM 2019, pattern had changed in the exam. Only objective question was asked in the exam before CLAT LLM 2019. But, Consortium of NLUs resolved to bring back the old essay questions in CLAT LLM exam. Hence, Objective and Subjective both were asked in CLAT LLM 2019. in CLAT PG 2020, that pattern is going to continue.
But CLAT LLM 2019 has dispersed a lot of myths regarding the essay questions. CLAT PG 2019 objective questions were relatively easy but subjective questions were asked from various subjects like Constitution, IPR, International Law and Cr. PC and contemporary legal issues.
CLAT FOR LLM 2020 Pattern:
The pattern of the question paper for admission to the Post-Graduate Course for CLAT LLM 2020 includes both objective and subjective part.
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam – 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions – 100 questions of one mark each
- Subjective Questions – 50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks)
CLAT LLM 2020 The Syllabus:
This time, Seven more subjects have been added to the list of syllabus. That is the Major Change.
- Constitutional Law
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence, Administrative law, Property law, Family law, Company law, Tax laws, Labour & Industrial law, Environmental law
Also, there is no distribution of marks in regards to any subjects.
CLAT LLM 2020 Eligibility:
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and 45 percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2020.
CLAT LLM 2020 CUT-OFF MARKS
There is 40% cut-off marks in Objective Section to get your answers evaluated in Subjective Portion. It means that you do not get at least 40 out of 100 in objective, your essay answers will not be evaluated.
CLAT LLM 2020 Important Dates
- Online Application Starting Date: 1st January, 2020
- Online Application Ending Date: 31st March, 2020
- Exam Date: 10th May, 2020
- Answer Key release: 11th May, 2020
- Objections Invitation: 12th May-15th May, 2020
- Final Answer Key: 18th May, 2020
- Result: 24th May, 2020
Enroll Now in the Most Comprehensive & Most Affordable CLAT PG Crash Course where you will 100+ video lessons of newly added subjects, study material of newly added subjects, revision material, 85 mocks, subjective answer guide and mentoring from successful student.